After two challenging years in isolation, join us to reflect and mourn our personal & collective losses and to celebrate community and a brighter future together!
- Thu, May 26ZoomAn arts-based workshop - discover personal insight as you are guided through a creative journey of reflection and art making - with no expectation of outcome.
- Sat, May 28cSpace - 4th FloorMany of us have experienced the loss of a loved one during the pandemic and although loss can be incredibly difficult at any time, the added elements of pandemic stress and the inability to properly mourn our beloved lost loved ones has complicated and, in some cases, compounded the grief...
Watch Celebrating Life Dialogues Live
- Fri, May 20Many Horses High School
- Sat, May 14Studio Bell
- Fri, May 06Bella Concert Hall at MRU
- Sat, Apr 30Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton
- Sat, Apr 30Shane Homes YMCA at North West
- Sat, Apr 23Studio Theatre at cSpace King EdwardApr 23, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. MDTStudio Theatre at cSpace King Edward, 1721 29 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2T 6T7, CanadaCelebrating Life Dialogues will be hosting a full day of conversations and presentations with creators, artists and change makers to reflect on how they are evolving, thriving and moving forward.
- Sat, Apr 09Virtual Concert via Social Media
- Tue, Mar 15OnlineMar 15, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. MDTOnlineCelebrating Life 2022 aspires to be an iconic event where the citizens of Calgary can have the opportunity to mourn together honouring those who are not physically with us anymore, celebrating our own lives, and reflecting on the immense possibilities moving forward.
About Celebrating Life 2022
Celebrating Life 2022 will be an iconic event where the citizens of Calgary will have the opportunity to mourn together honouring the lives of those who are not physically with us anymore, and at the same time to celebrate our life and reflect on the immense possibilities moving forward.
Inspired by the Mexican tradition of Dia de Muertos, and the experience of Equinox Vigil, Celebrating Life 2022 will be a joyful celebration with different activities taking place virtually and in person around all four quadrants and downtown of our city where citizens of Calgary can joyfully celebrate a brilliant future as individuals and as a community.
Spring 2022 | Calgary, AB, Canada
Let's mourn together, in community, honouring those who passed away. Let's celebrate their lives in a joyful way.
Let's celebrate that after two years of dealing with the pandemic, we are still here, live, with endless possibilities ahead of us.
In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge that we live, work and play on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta.